Sunday 19 February 2017

Haddad - Ars Longa Vita Brevis (2004)


The fifth album from this Brazilian band.

The band was a proper band on this album. A five piece band with the Haddad brothers and three other musicians and two guest musicians. The lineup was guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, saxophone and Portuguese vocals.

I was far from impressed by their third album Orion and bypassed their fourth album. I am giving them a final try here. Well, I actually reviewed their sixth and final album for ProgArchives back in August 2011.

I do not know what they did on their fourth album. A much critized album. So I cannot comment on their progress.

Ars Long Vita Brevis offers up forty-five minutes pretty laidback and commercial jazz-pop.

There is a lot of vocals here and a lot of almost ambient pieces here. Some pieces here are ambient and something to fall to sleep at.

And there are some pseudo-classical music here too. TV series music. Or movie-soundtrack type of music. TV or film, you get my drift. Not much to take away your attention from the TV screen or the big screen in the cinema.

The result is pretty lifeless and dull. This album does not really work at all. Not for the likes of myself, anyway.

This is a decent album, but nothing more. I don't see myself as a fan of this band.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment