Sunday 18 January 2015

Kultivator - Barndomens Stigar (1981)


The one and only album from this Swedish band.

So far, I have yet to hear any Scandinavian zeuhl albums. That was until I heard this album. An album recommended to me by a friend in ProgArchives. 

Kultivator was a five piece band with Rhodes piano, bass, drums, female & male vocals, guitars and percussion. They also had some help from a local boys choir here.

Although this is not entirely a zeuhl album, it is much more zeuhl than anything else. Yes, there is a lot of Univers Zero here too. The zeuhl female vocals and the zeuhl structures reminds me a lot about both Magma, the Italian and the Japanese zeuhl scene. So far, so zeuhl. There is also a great deal of avant-garde here too. 

The songs are not the greatest though. This is a debut album and I would have liked to hear them develop more on some more albums. That was not to be, though. This is a good album with some good sound quality too. I would recommend it.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment