Thursday 13 November 2014

Mindgames - MMX (2010)


The third album from this Belgian band.

Since I have recently praised Brazil, let me also praise the good people of Belgium too. They have spawned a lot of very good progressive rock bands in all sub-genres.

Mindgames may or may not be one of those very good bands. I have not heard their previous two albims. I am not sure if the band is still around either. The band got a lot of attention after they released this album and I have been itching to get hold of a copy since 2010. Which I finally got this summer. 

Mindgames offers up one hour with pretty fine neo-prog on this album. We get keyboards, bass, guitars, drums and some very fine vocals here. The songs are very melodic and not that symphonic. This is very much a middle of the road neo-prog album which does not really excel when it comes to great songs. There are none of that here. There are some very good details scattered around. Nevertheless, this is fine addition to anyone's neo-prog collection and a good album.

3 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment