Wednesday 29 February 2012

Savoldelli. Boris - Biocosmpolitan (2011)



The second album from this Italian jazz vocalist and my first ever meeting with him.

We are talking jazz and we are talking doo-wop here. That is Boris style and his music. Doo-wop was pretty popular in the 1940s. Back in the 1970s, I believe the doo wop band Manhattan Transfer was very popular world wide. I still remember their music from those days and the music on this album gave me some a-ha and deja vu experiences. But this album is still far more jazzy and instrumental than Manhattan Transfer ever was. There are some nifty trumpet work here and pretty laid back jazz. The doo wop is sometimes also replaced with some ventures closer to David Bowie land. The silky smooth jazzy version of the chamelon David Bowie, that is.

The music and the multimedia stuff on this album is both cool and good. I have to declare my general disinterest in doo-wop in general and in vocals based music. There is no really great songs here either so I have to give it a three pointer.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment