Wednesday 2 January 2013

Warm Digits - Keep Warm With The Warm Digits (2012)



The debut album from this English band.

I am not sure what is the crossover point between electronica and krautrock. Probably this album. It sits pretty much on this border.

Electronica tinged krautrock, it is then. Take some of Big Block 454's madness and add a lot of electronica to it. Then you get this album. English eccentric madness. The instruments are drums, guitars and electronics with some sprinklings of piano too. The real instruments is probably coming from a computer programme though.

The music is pretty light and airy. I am the first one to admit it feels a bit alien to me and a very, very strange choice for the first review of this year. But this album and it's eccentric madness appeals to me a lot. It is a good album and also a rare bird in my house. It is a good album though which fits nicely into my krautrock collection. Warm Digits fits in nicely in this neo-kraut scene, thank you.

Loony.

3 points

Warm Digits homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment