Saturday 16 April 2016

Fucci. Claudio - Claudio Fucci (1974)


The debut album from this Italian artist.

Claudio Fucci had a pretty good career in the 1970s in bands like Le Mani before he did something else for some decades before he returned again a decade ago. He has released three albums between 1974 and 2006.

Claudio Fucci does the vocals and guitars here. He has got a lot of help from various other musicians. With the exception of moog, the instruments here are acoustic.

Claudio Fucci has been compared to Angelo Branduardi a lot. And I can see the reason why, based on this album.

The music is gentle and mostly acoustic Rock Progressive Italiano (RPI). The music is hardly rock at all. It is hardly progressive rock at all.

The music is very gentle indeed with the focus on Claudio Fucci's vocals and gentle acoustic guitars. Some glockenspiel, flutes, strings, moog, piano and woodwinds adds a lot of melody and ambience to this sound. They very much also adds substance to the melodies which is not as stripped down to vocals and acoustic guitars as I first feared. The good harmonies comes thick and fast on this thirty-five minutes long album.

There are a couple of electric guitar solos here which adds substance to this album.

The melodies and music here is actually, to my surprise, good. I am not a big fan of these acoustic RPI albums. But this one has got my attention and my praise. This one is like a well deserved rest for my head and ears.

It is a good album and one I recommend.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment