Friday 19 December 2014

Myriad - Floating On Ascending Plains (2001)


The second album from this Australian project/band. 

I reviewed their 1996 debut album Sea Of The Sinking Sun many years ago for ProgArchives. I found that an interesting album. Their new one just confirms those sentiments.

I believe this band is from Brisbane in Australia. A nice town with a nice local area. An area which is coloring this album if I am not much mistaken.

The music here is a mix of symphonic prog, neo prog and some psychedelic prog. Porcupine Tree is not far away from the thoughts of this band. Camel too is very much in the forefront on this album. Not to mention Pink Floyd. Distill these three bands and you get this album.

Most of all, the soaring guitars and keyboards creates a majestic landscape on this album. Just like the Australian outbacks. There are some good vocals here. But the best part of this album is instrumental.

Some of the material here is pretty much anonymous. Some material is very much majestic and memorable. Not to mention; very good. The law of average makes this a good album and one I like. I recommend it.

3 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment