Monday 19 March 2012

L'Impero Delle Ombre - I Compagni di Baal (2011)



The third album from this Italian heavy metal band.

Released by Black Widow Records, they are most definate operating on the dark side of the heavy metal scene. But their style is a bit difficult to pin down. I would label it as crossover heavy metal. That means a lot of Black Sabbath, some space rock, prog, rock and pop. The inclusion of both a Black Sabbath cover and a power ballad mirrors the 1980s cash in heavy metal bands. Their sound is sometimes bombastic heavy too. A mix of the 1970s and the 1980s is what I get from this album.

The quality is not particular great. I am by no meansy a fan of the type of music they plays here. But L'Impero Delle Ombre has done a good job with this music on this album. It is not an album which will feature on my playlist, I am afraid. But it is still a decent album.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment