Tuesday 8 July 2014

Nuova Compagnia Di Canto Popolare - La Serpe A Carolina (1972)




The second album from this Italian band who released ten or so albums between 1971 and 1997. Their final album was released under the NCCP abbreviation.

I don't really understand why I got this LP. Probably from a local Italian friend who were giving away his LPs. This forty minutes long LP has nothing to do with progressive rock at all. Instead, we are being treated to some Italian folk music and ballads. A lot of male and female opera like singing over some guitars, flutes, mandolins and violins. This is as Italian as pasta, pizza and spaghetti.

I have to admit I am getting next to nothing out of this album. The songs are not particular good. Not to mention decent. This is the type of music I am not getting. I would still award this a decent rating as I feel it is wrong to review down a decent, honest type of music. Respect !

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment