Sunday 31 May 2015

Cosmic Jokers. The - Sci Fi Party


The fourth album from this German band in a matter of a few months back in 1974. 

Dieter Dierks, later most known as the manager of hard rock band The Scorpions and Klaus Schulze is very much involved in this album too. 

I am not a big fan of their previous albums. Too much twisting buttons and pointless electronica for the sake of electronica. I am not a fan of this type of music..

On this album though, the band has taken the hint and progressed. Very much progressed. There are even some very decent, dare I say..... good tunes on this album. The band has taken their inspirations from both Guru Guru and Amon Duul II on this album. Even Agitation Free has inspired some of the music here. 

This is still an electronica kraut album. But there are signs of hope here. So much that I really like this album. Yes, you heard me right. I like this album. There is a lot of inspiring, interesting pieces here. So much that it is a good album and their best album so far. 

3 points   

No comments:

Post a Comment