Tuesday 3 February 2015

Gall - Anonym (2010)


The first solo album from Lukasz Gall from the Polish neo-prog band Millenium. A band I got some albums from. But I have still not come around to review them. Later.... much later.

Lukasz Gall released this album to a mostly silent, ignorant scene. I have not seen many reviews of this album or any blurb on it. Which is a bit of a shame, really...

What we get here is some pretty dark and brooding neo-prog. It is very vocals dominated and probably some miles off what his band and daytime job Millenium is doing. I hope so as there is no reason to walk down the same path. 

The sound is great and Lukasz vocals is supported by lots of guitars, keyboards, bass and drums. The music is very melodic and brooding. There is a lot of quality here.

My only gripe is the lack of any really great songs. That aside; this is a good album and proves that I should really check out Millenium rather sooner than later.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment