Saturday 8 June 2013

Red Summer - Release (1982)



A very obscure British band with their only release.

We are deep into Mike Oldfield land here. Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Tubular Bells.... You get my drift. Instrumental symphonic ambient music, performed with the same instruments Mike Oldfield used. Tape loops, keyboards, acoustic instruments and other orchestral instruments. The same vibe, with not the best sound quality, is achieved here.

This album is the most blatant Mike Oldfield worship I have ever heard. The music is not too bad, though. Some of the material here is quite enjoyable. It is too one dimentional for my liking though. I am also suffering from not being the biggest Mike Oldfield fan on this planet. If I was a fan, I would had rated this album far higher. On it's own; it is a pretty decent album which may give most of you a lot of joy.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment