Tuesday 12 August 2014

Ekta Moai - Marte (2014)



The debut album from this Portugese band.

This album is a bit outside my comfort zone. Hence, I want to challenge myself with this Bandcamp album. A Name Your Price album too.

I know absolute nothing about the band so please excuse me for the lack of more info about this band. Ekta Moai plays a mix of post rock and melancholic indie rock on this album. Radiohead is a somewhat comparison. That is the only band I know about in that genre so please forgive me.

The music is created with lots of guitars, some male vocals, woodwinds, percussion, bass and drums. A large portion of this one hour long album is pure post rock. Not in the Iceland type of bleak post rock, but in a much warmer climate like post rock. There are almost some jazz over this album.

The vocals and the rest of the instruments are good. Ditto for the music which meander nicely in a pedestrian tempo throughout these sixty minutes. I am not impressed, but I cannot deny that this is a good album. Make up your own mind from the link below.

3 points

The album

No comments:

Post a Comment