Wednesday 11 June 2014

Danae - Medusa (2013)



The second album from this Argentine band.

Argentina has got a lot of very good bands at the moment. For some reasons, Argentina also has got some bands in an obscure prog genre I would label "instrumental heavy prog". Yes, I have invented that genre. It is a genre which is as popular as influenza.

Danae is four young men who produce their music with guitars (2 x), bass and drums. That is it and the format is powerful without being too heavy. There is no real heavy metal guitar riffs here. The music is a bit powerful, but not as in heavy metal. They are somewhere between prog and metal.

I am by no means a fan of this genre. I chose to review this album after using an online dice and were not too pleased when this music came out of the speakers. I sighed. Nevertheless, the band has a great deal of quality and they are all good musicians. I hope they love what they are doing here.

There are no really great tracks here and the music is a bit on the anonymous side. The band has a great deal of Latin-American sound in them and that makes this album a great deal better than normal from this genre. It is a good album, but one who probably has overstayed it's welcome during my listening sessions. Good, but a bit too dull for my liking.

3 points  

No comments:

Post a Comment