Sunday 14 December 2014

TenMidnight - The City Of Angels (2010)


The third album from this Italian band.

I have had considerable problems with this album as it is pretty difficult to pinpoint and review. It is that diverse.

OK, I can start with the band. It is a four piece band with synths, guitars, bass, drums and vocals. The English vocals is heavy accented and not particular good. The synth is OK though. Some hired flutes is also a good thing here.

This one hour long album starts out in neo-prog and Italian prog vein before it start to kick out in all directions. Avant-garde, space rock, folk-rock, power metal, neo-prog, electronica...... Well, I am a bit confused. 

I am all for variations. This band has missed the trick though as the transitions between the styles are more like a choppy waters and without much finesse. This makes this a frustrating listening experience. I don't really think this band is something for me. Neither is this decent album which sometimes dishes up with some good things before it heads of into self destruction again.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment