Sunday 2 March 2014

Banda del Gnomo. La - Después Del Rock (2010)



A Chilean band from Santiago with their second album and the follow up to their El Canto Del Angel album from 2009.

The band was formed in 1982 and I suspect this album is a re-release of their earlier stuff as the sound quality is not the best. The music is performed with guitars, some keyboards, bass, drums and Spanish vocals.

The music itself is rock'n'roll. No less and no more. Rock'n'roll with ballads and some faster stuff. The band sounds like a garage band with some very loose drumming and bass. The guitars is a bit loose too. The songs are decent though and very much in the commercial rock'n'roll vein. It is a very local band with no or little appeal outside their local area. Why I in Scotland review this is something I really don't understand. I don't know where I got their album from either.

Anyway.... this is a decent album and nothing more than that.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment