Saturday 5 November 2016

Paradiso degli Orchi. Il - Il Corponauta (2016)


The second album from this Italian band.

The band with this very long name is a six piece band with a lineup of flutes, bass, drums, percussion, guitars, synths and Italian vocals.

I have yet to get their 2010 self-titled debut album. I will have a look and see if I find it for a reasonable price. That because of this, their second album.... Also because the genious Fabio Zuffanti is overseeing this band and their outputs. That is the mark of quality.

I have been listening to this album for a long while with a view to finally review it. Which is not an easy task. I see that my friends in ProgArchives is rating this album very highly. So I thought it was something very wrong with me. I don't think it is. But you can decide for yourself....

This album is almost eighty minutes long. Eighty minutes long means it has to hold the attention of the listener for an awful long time. And this is not a collection album either. Neither is it a best-of album either. This is new music.

New music who takes the listener everywhere. Thankfully with Italian vocals throughout. But it takes the listener through a long and very intricate journey through the Italian prog rock scene. From folk rock in the vein if Ianva to Italian pop music, RPI, avant-garde and a bit of Italian fusion. This album got it all.

This album is also very Italian where all rules are broken. Which is great.

I still want some quality and stuff that really gets to me and I can really remember on my long journeys and working days. There is not much of it here. A couple of melody lines here and there. By all means; this is a good album with very few faults. It is not one of those wonderful Italian albums.

The band is full of promise and I hope the band can restrain themselves in the future. Make the albums shorter is a good start. Make more focused music. Don't try to be everything. That is my advice.

Nevertheless; check out this album.

3 points 





No comments:

Post a Comment