Monday 14 July 2014

Blue Öyster Cult - Spectres (1977)



The fifth album from this US band.

Their previous album Agents Of Fortune was a pretty commercial hit album which did not have much in dept and finesse. So I had some hopes for this album as it was rumoured to be more of the real BOC.

Godzilla opens the album and I get my hope up as this is one of their best ever songs. It is also a pretty hard and heavy song. Then the album spins into a more pure rock direction. There are some AOR here too. We get piano, vocals, guitars, bass, drums and even some harmonica here. My suspicions about this being Agents Of Fortune # 2 is being aroused here and I am not much wrong.

The songs are pretty good although there is no real hits here besides of Godzilla. The music is pretty reflective and understated. It is also sometimes dull and uninteresting. This is a decent to good album in my estimation, I am afraid.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment