Sunday 4 May 2014

Pooh. I - Parsifal (1973)



The sixth album from this Italian band.

I Pooh is a legendary band who has released thirty odd albums since 1966. They are still alive to my knowledge and will probably celebrate their 50th birthday as recording artists in fine form too. That is, if light pop/prog rock is your kind of of tea. Nevertheless, I raise my coffee mug to this band. It is not a bad band by all means.

Their music is more symphonic pop than symphonic prog. Symphonic pop is a good label here. You get the Italian vocals, the symphony orchestra instruments, piano, guitars, bass and drums here. You also get some commercial minded music here too. It is very 1973 and very nice. Very bland too. Not at least because of the orchestral sound here.

The result is not really appealing to me as a prog/fusion head. I want something more than this easy listening pop music. I want teeth. This album does not offer anything of that. It is still a decent album with decent songs. I am not joining their fanclub anytime soon, I am afraid.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment