Wednesday 13 February 2013

Maschera Di Cera. La - Petali Di Fuoco (2010)



The fourth album from this Italian band. One of Fabio Zuffanti's many projects.

La Maschera Di Cera is an unrepentant retro band who re-creates the 1970s Italian prog rock sound. A great idea in my view. I love that sound and I love that music. La Maschera Di Cera pulls all my heart strings. Well, most of them.

The Italian vocals is excellent. The music is performed with flutes, guitars, various types of keyboards, drums and bass. All of it excellent. The music is pretty powerful and big with plenty of emotions attached. Very melodic too. If anyone asks me what old Italian symphonic prog anno sounded like, I would play them this album.

The album is full of great melody lines and songs. There is no killer tracks here and this album is not a masterpiece. But I still really like it and it has been a firm favourite in my home for the last two weeks. It comes with my recommondations.

4 points

No comments:

Post a Comment