Thursday 22 March 2012

Guess Who. The - Live at the Paramount (1972)



I do not know much about this Canadian band or this live album. But I have noticed that Randy Bachman from Bachman Turner Overdrive and Burton Cummings were involved in this band, who started up in 1958 and reunited in 2008. Well done !! They are an institution in Canada and well deserved too.

Music wise, they offers up good old hard rocking rock'n'roll with a lot of blues and folk rock influences. This is so basis rock music as it can get. And it works too. Mostly because this band are both great musicians and great entertainers. And the audience really get value for money on this live album. Great tracks are the hard rocking Runnin' Back to Saskatoon and their expanded into a long jam session hit single American Woman. The rest of this album is not that great and the music is too standard rock for my liking. But I would not deny that this is one of the great live albums from the 1970s and one of the best ones I have ever heard from that era. Hence my four points which is a great reflection of my grinning face. Get a grinning face yourself by purchasing this live album.

4 points

No comments:

Post a Comment