Sunday 2 August 2015

Cailyn - Voyager (2015)


The third album from this US project.

Cailyn Lloyd is a female guitarist and multi instrumentalist who releases her albums through Bandcamp. She does the guitars, bass and keyboards here and gets help from a drummer and two other guest musicians. In short; this is a project. She also plays this music live.

Voyager is about this spaceship/satellite with the same name which has passed through our solar system and into the big cosmos. I think we have lost track with it by now and the contact with mother earth has been switched off. Maybe I am wrong.

Voyager the album is one hour long. It can best be described as a mix of neo-classical, prog metal and jazz. Throw in some new-age and you get my picture. The music is very much guitars and keyboards dominated. It is very much Cailyn Lloyd dominated. A bit of an ego trip as many of these albums are.

I am not a fan of this type of album. The opening track Voyager is rather good. The rest of this sort of concept album is decent enough. I am a bit tired of this type of albums now as this album does not add anything to this genre. Hence my rating.

2 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment