Sunday 19 April 2015

Opposite Of Hate. The - Beginnings (2015)


The debut album from this Brazilian band.

I know nothing about this band besides of what they have written on their Bandcamp page where you can also purchase this album. 

The band describe their music as a mix of electronica, progressive rock and jazz. Well, even the bands are entitled to their opinions. I am not so sure they are right. 

Take some guitars, synths, vocals, drums and bass. That is the lineup. The vocals comes in all shapes here. From death metal grunts to football terraces chants and reasonable good clean vocals too. And yes, there are some progressive rock music here too. But this album reminds me a lot about Linkin Park's debut album. An album I have not been listening to for a very long time. Well, since it was released. But you get my drift. 

Take a mix of Linkin Park and some modern progressive rock bands. Then you get this album. I am not a fan of these chugging guitars and I am not fan of this nu-emo-metal scene. I am dropping out of this album already here. There is no real great songs here although I like the more prog rock aspects here. 

This is an album where the target audience is at least half of my age and a decent album in my view. Hence my verdict.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment