Tuesday 14 August 2012

Eclat - Volume 3 (1997)



The third album from this French band I have heard so much good about. It was about time I checked them out myself.

The music is instrumental symphonic prog with some folk and jazz rock influences. It is my understanding that Volume 3 is a transitional album between their symph and jazz rock phases. I got their two new albums too so I will check that out in due time.

The music is pretty pedestrian symphonic prog with really breaking into some great melodies. The great guitars is the best thing about this album. There is something very satisfying in their music though and this make it a good album. I do not find much of the quirkyness I find in most French albums and this is something I find is sorely missing on Volume 3. Neither is this album particular exciting either.

It is a good album, though.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment