Monday 6 August 2012

Aqua Nebula Oscillator - Third (2012)



The third studio album from this French space/psychedelic rock band. A band I was first thought was from one of the less desirable industrial towns in Germany due to their sound.

Aqua Nebula Oscillator has a reputation for playing a mix of garage and space rock. I would label their music as dirty, muddy psychedelic rock. There is a lot of punk and new wave in their music too. That in addition to garage and spaced out psychedelic rock. Not to mention krautrock. I regard Aqua Nebula Oscillator as a borderline space rock and krautrock band.

The music here is not that spaced out, really. It is much more dug into the dirt than up there in the space. The tracks here are a lot more song orientated with verse-chorus-verse than on most space rock albums I have heard so far. The guitars, bass and vocals is mostly distorted and fuzzy. The drums is the only clear instrument here.

The songs are good and I find myself really liking this album. I am not that happy about the song structures which is far too rigid verse-chorus-verse for my liking. A couple of great tracks would not go amiss too. But this band has an undeniable charm and I will get their other albums too. This is a good album.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment